Does your association conduct member satisfaction surveys? If not, you definitely should! Member satisfaction surveys are a GREAT way to collect member feedback, particularly in terms of what your members like and dislike about your organization.
Not sure what to ask? Here are 15 questions to get you started:
- How long have you been a member of our organization?
- What groups/activities are you involved in?
- How do you prefer to meet/get to know other members? (Via online social communities, networking events, monthly meetings, etc.)
- Do you read our monthly newsletter?
- What type of content would you like to see in our monthly newsletter?
- How many of our events in the past year have you attended?
- What types of events would you like to see in the future?
- How can we improve our annual conference?
- What would you like to learn about at our next educational event?
- Do you follow us on social media?
- What would you like to see us post about on social media? (Events, volunteer opportunities, industry-related news, etc.)
- How do you prefer to receive news/announcements from our organization? (Via email, social media, newsletters, etc.)
- What do you like most about our organization?
- What do you like least about our organization?
- How likely are you to renew your membership?
These types of questions can help you gauge what your members like, dislike, and want from your organization. You can then make changes accordingly to boost satisfaction/retention rates.
Note: You may have to change some of these questions depending on your organization. For example, maybe you don’t have an annual conference or your newsletter is sent out quarterly. If that’s the case, that’s totally fine. This list will at least give you a head start.
Now member satisfaction surveys are just one part of the membership management process. In addition to that, there’s recruitment, engagement, non-dues revenue, etc. Need help with any of those aspects? Check out our Ultimate Guide to Membership Management below!