Facebook has been around for 12 years now, and sure, the basics are pretty easy to grasp. But there’s more to the popular social media platform than just liking and sharing. Here are three secret Facebook features every association professional should be using:
1. Save articles with “Save for Later”
Ever wanted to save Facebook content to read later? Well now you can! With Facebook’s “Save for Later” feature, you can do just that. Here’s how it works: When you find an article you want to save to read later, just click the down arrow in the upper right corner of the update and choose “Save link.” Then later, when you’re ready to read that article, just look for the folder called “Saved” under your Favorites tab and voilà - there it is!
2. Leverage interest lists to stay organized
With so much content on Facebook, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle of things - and lose track of time, at that. Stay organized on social by utilizing Facebook’s interest lists. With interest lists, you can organize content based on topics you’re interested in. For example, you may want all of your news in one place or perhaps you’d like to keep track of all the upcoming conferences you’re interested in attending. Either way, with Facebook interest lists, you can very easily do that.
- Scroll down to Interests on the left side of your News Feed. Click Interests.
- Click Add Interests.
- Click Create List.
- Search for the people or pages you want to add to your list. When you’re done, click Next.
- Select a name for your list.
- Choose a privacy setting. If you want others to be able to see the list you created, choose Public. Then click Done.
3. Keep track of what other associations and industry leaders are doing
If you’re lacking inspiration on social media, why not take a look at what other associations and industry leaders are doing? Not only is this a good way to stay up-to-date on new happenings, but it’s a great way to see what social media posts are performing well for others.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Go to your organization’s page. Click Insights at the top.
- Scroll down until you see Pages to Watch. Click Add Pages.
- Search for the organizations you’d like to follow, then click Done.
Now Facebook isn’t the only platform with hidden tips and tricks. Want to know more about Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest? Check out our free social media guide below!