Friday is here. Yahoo! Let's start the weekend off right with some of our favorite blog posts from the association world.
1. My niece loves to ask me "But why?". Kids are curious creatures, and like kids, we should embrace our curiosity. Christopher Hutton, guest writer for Mission to Learn, suggests to search for curiosity anywhere. "Curiosity fluctuates with our will to learn and vice versa. Protecting and maintaining a sense of curiosity is essential for every dedicated lifelong learner."
2. Jeff Hurt shares his thoughts on the importance of combining "connected and community" at conferences: Creating EPIC Conferences for Connected Times
3. "We live in a time when customer or member acquisition and cultivation demands more finesse and customization." Jeffrey Cufaude's article You Have to Cultivate Connections.
4. 3 Association Questions Found at a Yard Sale by Cindy Butts.
5. Eric Lanke writes about Volunteer Transitions. "Work to find new ways to engage them in the organization. Their understanding of the association's history and strategy is invaluable. They can often achieve far more than any newly-recruited volunteer because of it."
Have a fantastic weekend!