If you’re on the attendee list for the ASAE’s Annual Meeting and Expo, you’ve no doubt heard about some parties. Whether you caught the word via the party’s hosts, heard about it on social media, or read it in a blog, the party list is pretty impressive and I’m hearing about new ones all the time.
Have you heard about the Small Staff Shindig? It’s going to be at Stats, a local bar and restaurant within close walking distance to Centennial Park, the Georgia World Congress Center, and the center of all the other festivities. It’s going to be one heckuva celebration! Food, drinks, and entertainment will be provided, as well as top-notch networking and fun! It’ll be Sunday night at 6:30 pm. That’s after the day’s programming ends but before the Multiview #PartyYourAssnOff party at the nearby Tabernacle. We’re planning on going to both, you should too! To RSVP, visit this website and we’ll put you on the list!
Now that our explanabrag is over, the more important question is WHY? After a long day of trade show, sessions, learning, and networking, wouldn’t you want to go back to the hotel and rest? Here’s why you should go out and party:
1) Free food and drink. Everyone is pals at ASAE, and many of the parties (including ours) offer free food and drinks to the attendees. Only suckers pay for dinner, although we do have some incredible restaurants in Atlanta.
2) It’s next level networking. It really is. You can meet ANYONE, but when you get out of the buttoned-up environment and get in a casual one, you’d be surprised how easy it is to form real connections and even friendships. Those friendly relationships go a long way in business! Your friends would serve as a reference on a job application, right?
3) You’re on vacation. Okay, a very busy, productive vacation, but still. You’re away from home, the kids are taken care of, your spouse is feeding him/herself without problem, the house is ok. You work hard and deserve a little reward and to cut loose a little!
4) Connect with people you might not see in person very often. If you’re anything like me, you have friends and connections developed purely online just between people you E-mail often. Wouldn’t it be nice to put a face with a twitter handle? For example, if you’re a weekly participant in the weekly #assnchat conversation on Twitter, there will be a tweetup at Park Bar near the park at 5:30 before opening ceremonies.
5) Blow off some steam. You’ll be in Atlanta. You won’t necessarily be able to go home and unwind the same way you would at home. How about you try a different way to decompress at the end of a long day and wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day!
I don’t think I have to do a lot more convincing. Although there isn’t a thoroughly compiled events calendar as far as the parties go yet, Kiki L’Italien is in the process of compiling a list on her association blog.
We can’t wait to party with you at ASAE!