The end of the year can be hectic for everyone, and your board may be starting to feel a little burnt out. If that’s the case, check out these tips for re-inspiring your board members and getting them pumped up for 2016!
- Start each board meeting with a testimony or story that could’ve only happened because of your organization. We all know the power of testimonials. Use these to move your board members to action.
- Bring in a volunteer or donor to talk about what your organization means to them – WHY they volunteer, WHY they donate, WHAT they’ve gotten out of your organization, etc. Again, testimonials are powerful.
- Invite your board members to share their own personal stories. Sometimes the best inspiration comes from hearing other board members talk about why they care enough to serve on the board.
- Take your board members on a field trip to see your organization’s work first hand. Are your members lobbying for a cause downtown? Are you hosting a local percentage night to raise money for your cause? Take your board members out to see it all first-hand.
- Keep your board meetings to an hour. Sometimes board members dread going to meetings because they know they’re going to last forever. By limiting your meetings to an hour, you can actually inspire your board members to want to attend.
- Have a little party! Ok, this is an easy one. It doesn’t have to be anything major – maybe just a little luncheon or happy hour to boost your board member’s morale.
If one of your goals for 2016 is to purchase an association management system, you’ll definitely need board approval. Check out our guide below for getting your board on board when shopping for an AMS!