ASAE Annual is right around the corner, and if you’re a small-staff association professional, this post is for you. This year, MemberClicks has teamed up with ASAE to provide several can't-miss events specifically for small-staff pros.
So grab your planner and get excited because this is the Small-Staff Guide to ASAE Annual!
Small-Staff Learning Labs
You may have heard that ASAE Annual has more than 120 education sessions, but did you know that several of those sessions are geared towards small staffs? If you’re a small-staff association professional, we recommend attending the following learning labs:
- Inside the Small-Association Leader’s Toolbox
- A Primer on For-Profit Membership & Marketing Strategies for Nonprofit Leaders
- Small-Staff PR Campaigns that Pack a Big Punch
- 10 Principles of Servant Leadership (Hosted by our very own CEO, Mark Sedgley!)
Relax, Recharge, and Refresh in the Small-Staff Lounge
ASAE Annual can be pretty hectic. If you need a break, just swing by the Small-Staff Lounge, located in Room 140C of the Cobo Center to grab a snack, charge your phone and relax a little. MemberClicks will be there every day of the show, providing you with the perfect opportunity to kick back and relax for a few minutes.
There will also be some great book signings and a special presentation taking place in the lounge throughout the weekend. Check out the schedule below:
- Sun. Aug 9, 3 - 3:30 p.m. - Sarah Sladek, author of The End of Membership As We Know It and Knowing Y: Engage the Next Generation Now, will be here signing books.
- Mon. Aug 10, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. - Jeff DeCagna, FASAE, will give an informal talk before his presentation "The Six Rs of Association Thrivability" later in the day.
- Tues. Aug 11, 9:30 - 10:30 a.m. - Beth Brooks, CAE, CEO of the Texas SAE and author of an upcoming ASAE publication for new CEOs will do a book signing/author Q&A.
One Heckuva Party for Association Pros
For the 6th year in a row, MemberClicks will be hosting the annual Small Staff Reception on Sunday, August 9th at 5 p.m. If you’re a small-staff association pro, stop by Room 251A in the Cobo Center for a concentrated dose of refreshment.
And now for the big one! At 6 p.m. on that same night, MemberClicks will be hosting a Small Staff Shindig at the Top of the Pontch, located on the 25th floor of the Crowne Plaza. That’s literally right across the street from where the reception will be, so feel free to walk over there with us! With the best view of Detroit, delicious food and drinks, and tons of small-staff association professionals, this is one party you DON’T want to miss. Fill out the form on this page to RSVP for all the details!
A Partner That Just Makes Sense for Small Staffs
If you’re a small-staff association professional looking for an AMS, stop by booth 701 to learn all about MemberClicks’ brand new association management platform. We’ve designed it from the ground up so that it just makes sense for small-staff associations.
And if you want to know what your experience with MemberClicks could be like firsthand, schedule a one-on-one meeting with us here. This is the perfect opportunity to schedule a demo with us outside of show hours and take advantage of special show pricing!
For more information about all of the small-staff activities taking place at ASAE Annual, click here.
We can’t wait to see you there!