According to a recent study from email testing platform, Email on Acid, email marketing will continue to be a top priority for companies in 2016.
The study polled more than 3,500 U.S. adults (ages 18 and up) on trends related to email development, design, and marketing goals for 2016.
Below are just some of the survey’s key takeaways:
- 71 percent of companies will spend more time on email production in 2016.
- 86 percent of companies will spend more money on email marketing in 2016. (A majority of that increased budget is expected to be spent on technology and tools.)
- Responsive design is becoming increasingly popular, with 56 percent of survey respondents reporting to use responsive templates. (In fact, one out of five respondents reported that 50 - 61 percent of their email list opens their messages on a smartphone or tablet.)
- Unsurprisingly, coding for email (40 percent) was cited as the number one pain point in email creation.
- Improving email content and providing contextually relevant email experiences were cited almost equally by about one-third of all respondents as marketers’ number one goal.
So what does this mean for your association? Well, if you’re starting to question the effectiveness of email marketing, don’t! Sure, there’s a LOT of competing traffic out there (just think about how many emails you receive in a day), but as this survey points out, if you really focus on creating quality content and design, email marketing can actually be of great value.
Need more guidance than that? Let us help! Check out our free guide, Best Practices for Email Marketing, below!