As you may well know, marketing trends are changing all the time. So how do you keep up? We’ve recently checked out Marketing General Incorporated’s Membership Marketing Benchmarking Report and found some member recruitment facts we think you should know!
Check out what member recruitment techniques your association needs to focus on and the ones you can ditch in 2018!
The Most Effective Recruitment Channels
- Word of mouth referrals
- Email marketing campaigns
- Promotion at related conferences
- Radio Advertising
- Advertising in outside publications
The Best Incentives to Recruit New Members
- Annual conference discounts
- Discounted dues for the first year
- Annual membership options (i.e. offering 16 months of membership instead of 12 months)
- Social media contests
- Refundable dues
- Free gifts
The Real Reasons that Members Join Associations
- Networking with others in the industry
- Learning best practices for their profession
- Attending conferences and trade shows
- Accessing a job board
- Accessing industry studies
- Using affinity programs (i.e. insurance rates, rental cars)
Struggling to attract new members? We can help! Check out our guide, Best Practices for Online Member Acquisition, to get those recruitment rates up today!