Picture this: Your organization’s awards presentation is coming up, and it’s time to ask for nominations. Suddenly, they’re coming from all corners: Your email, your voicemail, in person! Before you know it you’re completely overloaded with a ton of unorganized submissions. You don’t even know where to begin with collecting feedback from your team, too - let alone choosing the winners!
If your association or chamber regularly solicits submissions for things like awards, speakers, abstracts or papers, scholarships, grants, etc. then you can probably identify with this overwhelming feeling. But, there is a way to simplify the process! Here are six benefits to using a solution dedicated to taking your submission and review process completely online:
1. You’ll cut down on any confusion. With an online form, you’ll be able to set standards that submissions can’t deviate from. Submitters will know exactly what’s required - or, what they can’t submit. Plus, you’ll get to collect all of the data you need/want in one place. (More on that later.)
2. Submissions will be more organized. Even if you happen to receive one-off submissions via email, you can easily direct that person to the form and ask them to submit there. Or quickly enter it yourself on their behalf! Either way, all of your submissions will wind up in one centralized location.
3. You’ll probably get more submissions. Being able to point people to a form makes promotion much simpler. If all they have to do is click a link to find more information and actually make their submission, they’re much more likely to do it!
4. Feedback becomes more collaborative. Submissions aren’t the only thing you need to collect! But with a solution that handles everything online, all of your reviewers can leave comments and have discussions in one place, and bounce thoughts around before making selections. (Rather than having disjointed conversations about it.)
5. Online means data; Data means concrete results! Some systems will even aggregate data for you in a way that’ll provide meaningful insights about who is submitting (and what they’re submitting), all based on the standards you set. By using this data, you’ll be able to improve your program year after year.
6. Easily duplicate the process for another type of submissions. Once you’re set up for, let’s say, a call for speakers process, you’ll be all ready to go for any other submissions-related activities. Now that scholarship program you’ve been thinking about administering doesn’t seem so hard!
Using an online submission and review solution allows you to do so much more, without any extra work. Enter: MemberClicks’ Review Panel! We’ve developed a simple and affordable solution for organizing the full cycle - from collection to evaluation to rating - all backed by the staff who support your AMS. Wanna learn more? Join us Thursday, April 4 at 3pm EST for a demo webinar - or click below to schedule your personal demo!