Valentine’s Day is upon us, and what better way to celebrate than by exploring the different reasons people love associations?
There are a MILLION reasons to love associations, but here are eight of our favorites:
- They teach us. Associations are always providing us with great content. And better yet, they make it easy for us to hear from the industry’s best and brightest.
- They connect us. Just think of how many events associations hold year after year. It’s at these events that we make some of our most valuable connections - both industry professionals and life-long friends.
- They energize us. It’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day shuffle of things, but associations bring us back to life. They remind us why we do what we do and what it is we love about our particular industry.
- They give us a voice. Associations pack power in numbers alone. They give us a voice (and amplify it) by advocating on our behalf.
- They help us get ahead. It’s hard to stay on top of industry news and trends, but that’s where associations come in handy. They provide us with all the latest news without us having to do any deep digging.
- They provide us with a support system. Whenever we have a question about something, we know we can always turn to the leaders and other members of our association. We have a whole network of people right at our fingertips!
- They give us a sense of belonging. Associations make us feel like we’re a part of something. They make us feel welcome, and more importantly, like we belong.
- They inspire us. Above all, associations inspire us. Every association has a mission statement, and at the end of the day, that’s kind of our mission statement too. It’s what we want to achieve, and we do that through our individual membership.
What are some of the reasons you love associations? Let us know in the comments below!