ASAE’s Annual Meeting & Exposition is growing closer and closer, and to say we’re excited, well, is a little bit of an understatement. It really is one of our favorite events of the year!
That said, whether you’re an ASAE Annual newbie or a true veteran, we bet there are a few things you may not know - about both the host city and conference. Take a look!
About Columbus, Ohio
Did you know…
- Columbus is just about the heart of the country, at least population-wise. 48 percent of Americans live with a 600-mile radius!
- When Ohio first became a state in 1803, Columbus hadn’t actually been built yet. So, Chillicothe, a modest city on the Scioto River, was the original capital of Ohio.
- The average age of residents in Columbus is 32.5 years old, making the city the 6th youngest city in the country.
- In 2013, the Intelligent Committee Forum named Columbus the most intelligent city in the United States. On top of that, it’s the 19th most educated city, as well as the 15th most literate city in the country.
About ASAE’s Annual Meeting & Exposition
Did you know…
- You can add tours to your experience? Arrive in Columbus early or stay late and embark on a guided city tour (complete with candle making and beer tasting) OR a tour of Ohio Stadium. Want to see the city in a more unique manner? How about a kayak tour? Explore all of the possible Columbus Experiences here (and let us know what you choose!).
- There are TONS of evening receptions and parties that you can attend (especially on Sunday evening). Many of these aren’t on the ASAE website since they’re hosted by other companies and ASAE partners, but check Twitter (the #ASAE19 hashtag) to see what’s happening and what looks fun! (MemberClicks will be hosting a Small-Staff Shindig, well...fiesta, if tacos and margaritas are your thing. 🙂)
- Every morning at the conference (once the conference actually kicks off), ASAE publishes a daily, printed version of Associations Now, highlighting key sessions from the day before, showcasing attendees’ social media posts and pictures, etc. Not only is it fun to look at (will your pic be in there?!), but it’s also super valuable, so be sure to grab a copy!
Any other veteran attendees out there have lesser-known tid-bits to share with others? Let us know in the comments below!
And for tips on maximizing your experience at ASAE Annual (or any conference, really), check out our free Conference Survival Guide below!
See you SOON!