We’ve all heard the phrase “content is king.” But as an association professional, you’re as busy as a bee. You may want to put out content piece after content piece, but trying to find the time is just plain hard.
Well not to worry. We’ve got a strategy that can help you do more with less.
When putting together content for your organization’s members, we recommend starting off with one big piece, such as a white paper or an eBook. Then from that piece, you can...
- Create several blog posts.
- Turn one of those blog posts into a short, sharable YouTube video.
- Conduct a webinar where you go into more detail about the topic.
- Develop a short audio version of your white paper or eBook.
- Build a simple infographic highlighting key points.
- Create a basic SlideShare presentation.
- Take a section of your white paper or eBook and turn it into a newsletter article.
- Conduct a live Q&A with the author.
- Create a poll inspired by the content, tally the results, and share them with your members.
- Formulate some questions surrounding the topic and upload them to your organization’s social community.
- Promote all of your content pieces on the social media platforms you’re using, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Now isn’t that easier than starting from scratch every time? We think so too. Unfortunately, we can’t take credit for this concept. It’s part of the well-known inbound marketing methodology.
What exactly is inbound marketing, you ask? Well, inbound marketing is all about providing people with the exact information they’re looking for at the precise time they need it. But in order to provide people with the exact information they’re looking for, it needs to come in many forms. (See bullet points above.) The real value here? Inbound marketing is a great way to attract people to your organization’s website and convert them into members.
Want to know more about the inbound marketing methodology and how you can use it to grow your organization’s membership? Check out our free inbound marketing guide below!