Like many things, you get out of a conference what you put into it. You can’t just show up and hope for the best. A little preparation is necessary.
With ASAE Annual right around the corner, we wanted to help you prepare - to ensure you have the best conference experience possible.
That said, here’s a checklist of tasks to complete (they’re easy, we promise!) BEFORE heading to Chicago next month:
- Follow ASAE Annual on social media
- Follow the #ASAE18 hashtag
- Download the mobile app
- Review the schedule and select which breakout sessions you’d like to attend
- Add those sessions to the schedule in your mobile app (*This will make your life MUCH easier)
- Practice your elevator pitch
- Prepare questions for networking events
- Determine which evening events (parties, receptions, etc.) you’d like to attend (and RSVP if necessary)
- *Pssst: We’re hosting a Small-Staff Shindig, and we’d love for you to come! Food, drinks, live music - need we say more?
- Review the exhibitor list and jot down which booths you’d like to visit
- If there are specific vendors you have your eye on, identify a few questions you’d like to ask them
- Pack! Specifically…
- Business cards
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A light jacket or sweater
- Hand sanitizer
- Tylenol (Just trust us on this one)
If you REALLY want to maximize your #ASAE18 experience, try preparing the following:
- Identify (at least) three people you’d like to meet at the conference
- Define what a successful conference experience would look like
- What exactly do you want to learn?
- What specific questions do you need answers to?
If you’re able to identify - and complete - those two tasks, you’re bound to leave feeling satisfied and accomplished!
Want more tips for maximizing your #ASAE18 experience? Check out our free 2018 Conference Survival Guide below! It’ll walk you through what to do before, during, and after a conference to ensure you get your money - and time’s - worth!