If you’re shopping for an association management system and already have a list of potential candidates in mind, it’s time to reach out to them and request a demo. This will give you a better idea of how the software will work with your association and, better yet, how some of your current issues can be resolved. But before you pick up the phone and call, take a look at these quick tips for contacting AMS vendors.
Create a team
In order to make the most out of your demo, make sure to have the right people involved upfront. This may mean reaching out to other teams within your organization, such as finance or IT, or possibly even current board members. It may seem hard getting everyone together at first, but it will ultimately prevent your team (and the software provider) from having to go through multiple rounds of the same demo.
Once your team is in order, make sure you all come to the demo prepared. Have a list of questions and must-sees ready in case you run low on time. If you’re drawing a blank, here are a few questions to keep in mind when shopping for an AMS:
- What are the website design options? Will the AMS integrate with an existing website?
- How is payment processing handled?
- How secure are online payment transactions?
- What all is included in the setup?
- What happens during implementation and how long does it take?
- Are product updates included or must you upgrade the software to receive updated features?
- What technical support and training is included with implementation?
Make a selection
If you land on an AMS provider after demoing, congratulations! Give them a call and get started on your path to improved communications and problem solving!
If you’re still feeling a bit confused, don’t worry. There are a few more steps you can take to help you narrow down the selection. See for yourself in our free guide below!