‘Tis the season...for ASAE’s Annual Meeting & Exposition! Are you as excited as we are? We’re officially just a few weeks out, so if you’re attending, now’s the time to start preparing. (After all, you want to make the most of your experience!)
To effectively do so, we highly recommend checking off the following to-dos:
- Follow ASAE Annual on social media (They’ll be posting updates, takeaways, pictures - all that good stuff - throughout the conference)
- Follow the #ASAE19 hashtag
- Check out the Experience Columbus Twitter page (especially if you’re going to have a little downtime while you’re in the city)
- Download the ASAE Events mobile app (It’ll be a lifesaver for referencing your schedule during the conference and receiving updates/announcements STAT)
- Speaking of the schedule, determine which breakout sessions you’d like to attend (And don’t forget to mark those in the mobile app)
- Determine which evening events (parties, receptions, etc.) you’d like to attend (and RSVP if necessary)
- *Pssst: We’re hosting a Small-Staff Shindig (well, make that FIESTA), and we’d love for you to come! Tacos, margaritas, your favorite industry peers - yup, that’s a party you don’t want to miss!
- Review the exhibitor list and jot down which booths you’d like to visit
- If there are specific vendors you have your eye on, identify a few questions you’d like to ask them (And don’t forget, you can even pre-schedule appointments with exhibitors through ASAE’s Attendee Service Center!)
- Pack! Specifically…
- Business cards
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A light jacket or sweater
- Hand sanitizer
- Tylenol (Just trust us on this one)
To really get the most of your #ASAE19 experience, we highly recommend completing the following two activities:
- Identify (at least) three people you’d like to meet at the conference
- Define what a successful conference experience would look like for you
- What exactly do you want to learn?
- What specific questions do you need answers to?
By doing that - and setting very clear goals - you’re bound to leave feeling satisfied and accomplished...and that’s what it’s all about!
Want more tips for maximizing your #ASAE19 experience - or any conference experience, really? Get your free 2019 Conference Survival Guide below!