Your website is the hub of online member engagement. It’s where your members go to access content, view and register for upcoming events, interact with other members - the list of benefits goes on and on.
So having a good website - one members find easy to use and valuable - is of utmost importance.
But how do you know if your website is performing as it should be? How do you know how it’s being perceived by your members? Well...just ask! Consider sending a website evaluation survey with the following eight questions:
- On average, how many times a month do you visit the [Organization Name] website?
- What are your primary reasons for visiting the [Organization Name] website? (Check all that apply)
- To access industry-related content
- To view and register for upcoming events
- To browse the member directory
- To engage with others in the online forum
- (If applicable) Do you read the [Organization Name] blog?
- [Or] Do you wish [Organization Name] had a blog?
- If so, what type of content would you like to see on the blog? (Check all that apply)
- Industry best practices
- Member spotlights
- Staff spotlights
- Event-related content (such as advice for first-timers or key takeaways from the event)
- What’s one feature that’s currently missing on the [Organization Name] website?
- Have you ever searched for something on the [Organization Website] that you had a difficult time finding? If so, what was it?
- What’s one improvement you’d like to see on the [Organization Name] website?
- What’s one feature you would hate to see go away on the [Organization Name] website?
- Is there anything else you’d like to share with us regarding the [Organization Name] website (your experience with it, suggestions for improving it, etc.)?
Tip: When sending this survey out to your members, be sure to emphasize the why. Let them know you’re trying to improve your organization’s website to give them a better - and more valuable - user experience.
And speaking of improving the user experience, check out our free guide below for tips and best practices regarding your organization’s website, from copy to design to overall management!