Happy November! As the holidays approach, you might find yourself becoming a bit more frazzled. You’re balancing end-of-year initiatives plus holiday parties plus possibly vacation time...it’s a lot!
But as busy as the holiday season is, it’s a great time to engage your members, especially on a more personal level. To really capitalize on the month ahead, take a look at this November membership management checklist:
- Send your members “Save the dates” (via your newsletter, social media, etc.) for your Q1 events (Better to get these on their calendar early)
- Develop a plan (ASAP) for Giving Tuesday (and if you work for a chamber of commerce, Small Business Saturday)
- Draft a blog post and/or email prior to Thanksgiving letting your members know just how thankful you are for them
- Let your staff and volunteers also know - in a note or email specifically to them - just how thankful you are for their time, passion, and contributions
- Let your members and followers know, at least a week prior to Thanksgiving, what your holiday hours will be (if they’ll be at all different from the norm)
- Schedule (or pre-schedule, if necessary) a “Happy Thanksgiving” social media post
The extra fun to-dos…
- Leading up to Thanksgiving, consider doing a #ThankfulThursday campaign on social media, highlighting people and/or things your organization is particularly thankful for (for example, a group picture or partial group picture of your new members, who’ve gotten behind your organization's mission this year just by joining)
- Update your social media covers to something fun and festive (Below is MemberClicks’ social media cover from last November, just to give you an idea)
- Conduct a just-for-fun, holiday-related Twitter poll (for example, “What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish?”)
- If you do anything special internally at your organization to celebrate Thanksgiving - for example, a Thanksgiving potluck - take pictures and post them on social media (or even add them to your Instagram story) -- people like to see what’s going on behind the scenes
All of that combined with everything else you have going on should keep you pretty busy. But for more member engagement ideas, regardless of what month or season it is, check out our free guide below!