Are your Millennial members keeping you up at night? If so, we totally understand. Millennials have a completely different set of preferences and priorities than other members and engaging them can sometimes be tough.
To help you out, we’ve put together a list of 20 ways to engage your organization’s 20-somethings. Take a look!
- Meet them on social media. (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
- Create a hashtag and encourage live-tweeting during meetings and events.
- Offer an incentive for fundraising or attendance (i.e. free food, a t-shirt, etc.)
- Add a little humor to your organization’s content – think pop culture references, animated gifs, etc.
- Create a Millennial mentoring program.
- Establish a Young Professionals Committee. (Think about it: who can plan Millennial events better than your very own Millennial members?)
- Organize a TED Talk. (You can either put together a presentation for Millennials or encourage your Millennial members to present.)
- Launch a social media contest.
- Organize an impact session. (An impact session is a meeting with multiple presenters, each one speaking for only about five to ten minutes.)
- Host a Millennials-only event. (a quarterly pizza night, an ice cream social, etc.)
- Host a Millennials-only focus group.
- Create short, “snackable” content. (blog posts, YouTube videos, etc.)
- Make everything mobile-friendly. (This one’s non-negotiable.)
- Repost your Millennial members’ content. (Regram their Instagram pictures, retweet their tweets.)
- Host a quarterly networking event to help with career advancement.
- Create a social community exclusively for Millennial members.
- Create a young professionals group on LinkedIn.
- Minimize lecture-driven meetings. (If you must have a lecture-driven meeting, try breaking up into smaller groups to make it more interactive.)
- Send out a Millennial survey.
- Form a panel of well-established professionals to talk to your Millennial members.
For more tips on engaging the next generation now, download our free Millennial guide below!